First, I wanna say I just created this on my phone, so I'll make it all pretty later when I'm on a computer.
I have considered creating a blog for quite awhile. Actually, I made one and never used it. My main reason being fear. I don't fear sounding stupid, boring anyone to death, sharing myself with the world. I fear that if I say too much, if I begin to really open up, If I share my past, not only will I not be believed, but it will create an uproar amongst my family, and I will be the talk of the town where I spent my childhood. That when I go to visit, I will be ostracized and ridiculed. I fear that I will be judged, because nobody from my childhood really knows me. They know my mom, and a lot of them have opinions of her that aren't exactly favorable. So their opinion of me may be based on their opinions of her. I fear writing about my mom, because anything I say may get back to her, but anything I write wouldn't be to give her a bad name. I'm not out to hurt anyone... I'm out to heal myself.
My mom has issues, a whole lot of them (don't we all?), and they have impacted my life greatly, and I deserve to share them, without all of these fears.
She was not the only person who has greatly impacted my life, and I am so done with hiding. So I will let go of everything that has been holding me back, and for once, I will do something for me! I deserve it!
People will believe what they want to believe, and form the opinions they choose to form, and there's nothing I can do about that.
I have kept myself trapped for many years, and I will never be free, if I don't unlock the door.
So very proud of you girl! Don't let something as trivial as someone else's opinion hold you back from moving forward. YOU ARE AMAZING!!!! Don't let anyone or anything hold you back from finding the complete happiness you deserve!
ReplyDelete